Monday, March 25, 2013

Old Hero, New Challenge

Through all my life I was in awe of Clive Davis. In the early 1970's, when I became a songwriter and record producer, the attorney turned music executive epitomized success in the music business. He had discovered Janis Joplin, Simon & Garfunkel, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel, and he played a vital part in the careers of Bob Dylan, Patti Smith, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Chicago and almost everybody else I admired. No wonder I have read his just released autobiography The Soundtrack Of My Life in one go. The reading took me back to the past when I myself was playing a minor part in the international pop music show. A pleasant surprise awaited my on page 550. There I read: I'm about to realize another of my life's dreams: producing a Broadway musical. Listen, Clive! To prove once again that you have the right nose for a potential hit, you may consider investing in Rebecca. I'm sure Ben Sprecher will welcome you.

No comments:

Post a Comment