Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Notebook's Got A Twin Brother

I carry my Moleskin reporter notebook wherever I go. Since I have an iPhone I can make notes digitally, and by using the Dragon app even verbally. But I don't want to give up the old habit of writing comments and ideas in my little black book. Now there is a handcrafted case for my new iPhone 5 on the market that make my digital companion look like a twin brother of my old time notebook. It's produced by Pad and Quill, a small company in Minneapolis. The leather covers are made in Mexico, and the wood is cut and finished in St. Paul, where the cases are then assembled in a bindery. The Little Pocket Book case costs $ 70. That's not cheap, but it is worth every penny. The phone rests in a cradle of Baltic birch, which is then wrapped in top-grain leather. The exterior is stitched and embossed and includes an elastic band that keeps the case closed. The front flap has three small interior pockets for cards and a larger one for bills. The case even has a ribbon that looks like a bookmark, completing the appearance of a notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment