Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tim At Sixteen

"It’s such a privilege just being 16 but you don’t know that until you’re 40. Especially if, like me, you’re a bit baffled by it all and don’t have any ideas about what you want to do. I haven’t changed my views on a lot of things. We went to chapel a lot at school and I remember thinking Judas Iscariot got rather a hard time and I think a lot of the work I ended up doing has been inspired by thoughts I had in my childhood. I collected stamps and always remember looking at Eva Peron on the Argentinian stamps with great interest. The 16-year-old me would find my life since then quite extraordinary. But he wouldn’t be aware yet of how many other things are much more important than acknowledged success. I’m thinking of my children really, caring for them, trying to turn them into happy, nice people. Making sure they know you love them."
Tim Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment