Thursday, July 18, 2013

What Profession To Choose

Yesterday I had a talk with Peter. He's the son of a very good friend, in his early twenties, a student of event management. He loves music, plays several instruments and is the member of a yet unknown heavy metal band. Unfortunately Peter doesn't know what kind of profession to choose. Something connected to music would be great, but he's afraid that wouldn't pay the rent. I couldn't tell him exactly what to do. My advice was to consider by all means a job he could be enthusiastic about, no matter what it paid. In the course of my life I have watched enough people lose their souls by accepting compromise after compromise. On the other hand I've witnessed that those who spent their days doing something they loved to do had all the success they needed to become happy and satisfied. No one who enjoys his work has anything to fear from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment